Taking care of your teeth begins with taking care of your toothbrush. If your toothbrush is left in poor conditions, it can very easily contaminate your mouth during every use. Proper handling and storage of your toothbrush must be maintained at all times.
Your toothbrush should never go uncared for. Here are some top tips for toothbrush maintenance:
– After using your toothbrush, clean it off and store it upright in a safe location.
– Make sure that your toothbrush is the proper size, fits easily in your mouth, has soft bristles to avoid damaging your gums or stripping away your tooth enamel, and can reach and cleaning all areas in your mouth.
– Replace your toothbrush every few months or earlier as needed.
– If you share a living space with other people, to avoid contamination, always keep toothbrushes in different locations and never share with each other.
– Always keep your toothbrushes away from closed spaces, as they can harbor mold and other forms of bacteria.
For additional help with your progress, schedule oral exams and bi-annual professional cleanings at the dentist office of Atwood Family Dental in Odessa, Texas. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Greg Atwood, please call our office at 432.337.6165. Keep your toothbrush healthy and clean so it can keep your teeth healthy and clean for you.