Keep your smile happy for the holidays by caring for it daily with safe and effective oral health care habits. With the coming of the season, additional risks present themselves leaving us vulnerable to oral accidents or place us at a higher risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
Atwood Family Dental wants to ensure you are doing everything you can to protect yourself. Here are a few additional tips to include in your daily routine:
– If you are looking for a great snack to enhance your smile, sugarless gum has been shown to fight against the effects of cavities when chewed for over 20 minutes after a meal.
– Avoid sugary drinks that seek to promote tooth decay.
– Protect your teeth with a mouth guard or facemask from dangerous outdoor activities such as skiing, sledding, hockey, and ice skating.
– Be sure to brush and floss with extra care if you enjoy holiday sweets such as chewy candy, candy canes, peppermint bark, peanut brittle, popcorn balls, or gummy sweets. Many holiday snacks can easily stick to your teeth and gums and are more difficult to remove.
– Don’t bite down on anything that can easily chip or crack teeth, such as icicles or jumbo candy canes.
If you have suffered from an oral accident or simply wish for a professional cleaning from our dentist, please contact our office in Odessa, Texas, at 432.227.2300. You can also schedule an appointment with Dr. Greg Atwood. We look forward to making your smile merry for the holidays!