If you don’t properly take care of your toothbrush each day, there is a high chance that it will start to harbor germs, infections, and bacteria. This is not a good thing. So, the best way to prevent this is by taking care of your toothbrush as much as possible, and our Atwood Family Dental team recommends doing so by doing the following things:
· Wash your hands with soap and warm water before and after you brush and floss your teeth. This will help reduce the transfer of bacteria from your hands to your toothbrush.
· After you are done brushing, rinse your toothbrush with warm water and store it upright to dry. Please do not put a cover over the toothbrush’s bristles until it is completely dry. Bacteria tends to grow in moist areas.
· Make sure your toothbrush is completely dry when you use it. To help make this possible, have two toothbrushes and switch between them while the other dries.
· Please do not share your toothbrush with anyone. Also, do your best to keep your toothbrush bristles from touching other bristles. This will keep germs from spreading.
· If you have been sick, always replace your toothbrush once you start feeling better.
· If you or another person in your family is sick, use a different tube of toothpaste to prevent spreading the sickness.
For more information about toothbrush care in Odessa, Texas, please call 432.227.2300 today! We also encourage you to schedule an appointment with Dr. Greg Atwood if you have any questions or if you have any dental concerns. We are happy to help you!